The wait is over! Yes the famous Fit Me range from Maybelline is finally available here in Malaysia. Big thanks to Maybelline Malaysia for bringing these in even though we waited since forever hehe. This range is currently available at most Watsons & Guardian in Malaysia, including their foundation, concealer & powder at affordable prices. Take note on their online offer, it is sometimes cheaper than in store price.
So for today’s post, it’s gonna be a review on Maybelline Fit Me! Matte+Poreless foundation & Fit Me! concealer. I haven’t got a chance to try the pressed powder, so let’s move on with these two first..
Maybelline Fit Me Matte+Poreless
I bought Warm Nude (128). It’s almost one color lighter than my skin. It’s so hard for me when it comes to choosing my foundation shade especially for drugstore products because there’s no makeup artist to assist me there. Plus, the shade selection is quite many so yes. This foundation claims to give you matte & poreless finishing and it suits best for combination-oily skin. I’m more to oily side so I don’t put any high hope on this one coz no matter what I put on my face, I’m forever gonna be oily. Back to the review, let’s talk about
- Packaging : Everything is cute. The only matter is it doesn’t come with a pump/dropper. So it’s kinda difficult for me to control the amt of products and it’s such a mess for me – meh my life is already messy
- Formula : The consistency is not thick in my opinion. And it’s not as matte as it claims. It’s more to semi-matte when you first applying it. At the bottle, it claims to give you poreless finishing but I don’t think I’m going poreless out of sudden with this one haha. My pores are still visible, I can say it’s more to reducing the appearance of my pores rather than diminishing those pores. PLEASE NOTE I HAVE LARGE PORES AND TEXTURED SKIN. THIS PRODUCT MIGHT GIVE YOU PORELESS EFFECT IF YOU ONLY HAVE SMALL PORES. The good side is, it feels really lighweight on my skin.
- Coverage : This foundation has medium-buildable coverage. I achieve more coverage when using 3DHD Kabuki Brush from Sigma with dabbing motion. However, when I overput I will dab again using my favorite Blending Pearl from Breena Beauty.
- Longevity : It lasts better with setting powder on. Especially if you have extremely oily skin like me.
- Recommendation : I would highly recommend this for people with combo skin. Also perfect for those who don’t like heavy foundation/makeup on their face. Small amount goes a long way!
Maybelline Fit Me! Concealer
Few months after the launch of Fit Me! foundation, the Fit Me! concealer is in. And I was only able to purchase weeks after that because it was sold out everywhere! If I’m not mistaken, they only carry Light, Sand & Deep in store which is such a big disappointment. None of them matches my skin so I ended up buying Sand & Deep. I mix both of them equally and it is almost perfect to my actual skin.
- Packaging : The packaging is cute. The wand reminds me of liquid lipstick and it traps the product efficiently.
- Formula : It glides smoothly and it’s so creamy! It does crease BUT my advice is, apply setting powder immediately after you put it so it sets earlier and won’t crease.
- Coverage : It’s quite impressive as it covers my dark circle, blemishes, redness really well.
- Longevity : It lasts longer than I expected. At the end of the day, my dark circles are still covered. BONUS!
- Recommendation : It’s too early for me to decide if it’s going to be in my “Products I Will Always Repurchase” list. For anyone who concerns about blemishes & dark circles, this might be the one for you! But it doesn’t carry a lot of shades here so it’s quite difficult to find shade that matches. Make sure you look for testers first before buying.
Here I included the swatch photos & a photo of me with full face Maybelline Fit Me! foundation and concealer/without concealer on, with subtle blusher and bronzer on my cheeks.
Have you tried any from this range? And the Fit Me! powder? Do you like it? Share your thoughts 🙂